How to Delete Tripadvisor Review: Simple Ways
So if you have written reviews on Tripadvisor, sometimes you may want to remove or delete one or more of them. Perhaps a specific review you have given seem negative or unimportant later.
So, how do you carry out the operation? The process requires some steps. Nevertheless, it is effortless and straightforward and can be done from any browsers or merely using the app. In this article, we will discuss in detail on how to delete a TripAdvisor review that you have posted.
Steps To Remove Reviews From Tripadvisor
The process when using the Browser:
We can access the TripAdvisor website from both computers and mobile phones using any browser. So what are the steps? Let’s find out,
- Open the TripAdvisor website. Start with opening the website, https://www.tripadvisor.com/. Since you have already posted reviews, this implies you already own a personal account on the site. So simply sign in to your account.
- Open your account.After you sign in, click on the icon with your profile picture. The icon is located on the upper right corner of the home page. A drag down box will appear. Click on view profile.Your account page will appear.
- Start the process. Click on the three dots located at the top of the selected review. Click on it, and an option will appear which says “delete.”
Upon selecting delete, a dialogue box will appear which will ask for your final consent. Click on delete, and immediately the review will be removed from your profile page.
The Steps when using the App:
- Open the App. Begin with opening the App. Chances are your account will already be signed in. If not, please sign in to your account to carry the procedure.
- Go to your profile. Click on the icon located at the farthest bottom right corner that says me. By clicking on it, you will go to your profile page.
- The deleting process. Your posted reviews will be listed on your profile. Select the one that you want to delete. Click on the three-dot icon at the top corner of the selected review. By clicking on it, you will get the delete option. Click on delete. A confirmation message will appear for your consent. Press delete, and the review will be automatically removed from the profile page.
Hopefully, the process of how to delete a review from the Tripadvisor is clear to you. The steps are described with all essential details and illustrations. So you are good to go to in removing a review that you do not want any more in your profile.
With the how to get a review removed from Tripadvisor, we have tried to give you a clear illustration of how you can delete a review from the site. The steps are relatively easy and straightforward. Stick to each of the steps to carry out the process successfully.
Frequently Asked Question
- Is it mandatory to have a Tripadvisor account to delete a review?
Ans: Yes! To both write and delete a review, you must have an account on the Tripadvisor website or the designated App.
- How to get access to my Tripadvisor account via a browser?
Ans: start with opening the Tripadvisor website. Sign in to your account. There will be an icon with a profile pic on the right upper right corner. Click on it, and options will be given to you from where you should click on view my profile, and there you go.
- How can I find the reviews I made on my Tripadvisor profile?
Ans: Well, when you enter the profile, you will immediately see the list of the reviews you made in the Tripadvisor site.
- What is the use of the three dots icon above each of the reviews?
Ans: By clicking on the three dots icon, you can get the option of deleting your review.
- Where is the three dots icon located?
Ans: The three dots icon is located just above each of the reviews.
- Is the process of deleting reviews similar in both websites and the App?
Ans: Yes, they are pretty much the same. The only difference is you have to open the website using browsers. And to access the App, you have to install it on your preferred device.
- When I click the delete button, does it immediately remove the review?
Ans: No, before you can completely remove a review, a confirmation message appears to ask for your final consent. When you click delete this time, the review is deleted immediately.